Brisbane city is located South East of Queensland, Australia. Although smaller than its neighbouring cities, Sydney and Melbourne, Brisbane or sometimes known as “Brisvegas” by tourists, is the new world city. Its current population sits at approximately 1.8million people, making it the third largest city in Australia. It has a multicultural population with 21.7% of residents born overseas and 16% speaking a language other than English.
Brisbane is one of the major business centres in Australia. Its key sectors include tourism infrastructure, food and beverage, creative industries, manufacturing, logistics, distribution & aviation, life sciences and information and communication technology.
Brisbane is rich in culture. This is evident through the large diversity of race, art, food, cafes, events & festivals, bars, sports and many more within the CBD and surrounding suburbs. Top 10 things to do in Brisbane would include:
1.Australia Wildlife Meet our cuddly koalas and feed our adorable kangaroos at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
2.Brisbane River Cruise up and down our magnificent Brisbane river and see Brisbane from a different angle on the many available river cruises.
3. Mt. Cootha Lookout Check out the amazing view of Brisbane all the way to Moreton Bay from the Mt. Cootha lookout whilst enjoying a coffee and lunch or dinner at the Summit Restaurant.
4.South Bank With 27 hectares of gardens, riverside cycling & walking paths, shopping and the only inner city beach in Australia, there is no place better to relax and have fun with your family and friends whether it be during the week or on the weekend.
5. Explore Within walking distance from each other, explore the Queensland cultural precinct and visit the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Gallery of Modern Art, the State Library, the Queensland Museum and the Brisbane City Hall.
6. Shopping With vibrant colours along the shopping arcades, luxury high-end fashion, on-trend must-haves and showcases of local designers, the Queen Street Mall is the place to be.
7. Adventure & Climb Kayak the Brisbane River, rock climb & abseil down the Kangaroo Point Cliffs and climb Story Bridge, 1 of 3 bridge climbs in the world right within Brisbane City.
8. XXXX Brewery Tour & Taste our local favourite beer at the XXXX Brewery Ale House.
9. Entertainment Catch live music and special performances at our favourite entertainment precincts Fortitude Valley, Paddington and West End during the week and weekends.
10. Sports With great sport facilities and stadiums such as the Suncorp Stadium, there is plenty to watch and enjoy with family and friends whatever your choice of sport may be.